403(b) Plan Research
A decade ago, PSCA began an annual survey on 403(b) Plans, similar to our industry-standard 401(k) annual survey, to fill the gap in available benchmarking data for non-profit organizations that sponsor them.
The most recent annual survey, the 2022 403(b) Survey, reflecting the 2021 plan-year experience of more than 300 non-profit organizations, showed increased participation, deferral rates, employer contributions, and higher average account balances. The survey also showed faster eligibility, limited use of automatic enrollment, and a beginning focus on financial wellness programs.
403(b) Research Committee
PSCA's annual 403(b) survey, and 403(b) snapshot surveys, are developed in collaboration with PSCA members and subject matter experts. Members interested in participating on the committee should contact us at [email protected].
- Leslie Edwards, Manager of Employee Benefits & Wellness Programs, Community Behavioral Health
- Angela Garcia, Senior Manager, Retirement, Baylor College of Medicine
- Maura Keenan, Vice President, Human Resources, Salus University
- Drema McCoy, Director of Human Resources & Operations, Jack Kent Cook Foundation
- James Strodel, Senior Vice President, Financial Advisor, CAPTRUST Financial Advisors
- Mike Webb, Senior Financial Advisor, CAPTRUST
- Suzanne Weeks, Senior Director Plan Sponsor Engagement Marketing, TIAA
- Carolyn Wood, VP Employee Benefits, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Dmitry Yarushkin, Strategist - Research & Insights, Principal®, and Professor of Practice, Grand View University