2021 Signature Award Winners Press Release
In a Year of Virtual Learning, PSCA Awards Highlight Importance of Creative
Retirement Plan Education Methods
Exemplary retirement plan education campaigns honored in 7 categories.
Arlington, VA (April 12, 2021) – During the COVID-19 pandemic, traditional means, mediums, and messages of retirement plan education and communication had to undergo and embrace change. Today the Plan Sponsor Council of America (PSCA) is pleased to announce the winners of the 2021 Signature Awards competition and celebrate those retirement education programs that not only stepped up to the communications challenges of the last year but achieved outstanding results.
PSCA’s Signature Awards recognize exemplary retirement plan education and communications, with a focus on creativity, unique themes, and tangible outcomes. While education has long been an essential element in helping American workers save for retirement, those programs are even more critical today as participants consider their options at the start of year two of the COVID-19 pandemic. PSCA, part of the American Retirement Association (ARA), is the leading association of defined contribution plan sponsors in the U.S.
A panel of 18 business leaders evaluated and selected the winners of the 2021 Signature Awards from 67 entries in seven categories.
“Despite the extraordinary challenges and impact of the pandemic – and the ongoing need to effectively communicate critical benefits information – plan sponsors maintained their commitment to high quality communications for their employees,” notes Will Hansen, executive director of PSCA. “This year’s winners were able to keep their employees informed, engaged, and on track to achieve their retirement goals.”
The following is a complete list of the 2021 Signature Award Winners:
- 1st Place – ProHealth Care with Transamerica
- 2nd Place – University Health Care System with Transamerica
- 3rd Place – M. Arthur Gensler Jr. & Associates, Inc. with John Hancock
Events and Workshop
- 1st Place – The University of Texas at Dallas with Lincoln Financial Group
- 2nd Place – New-York Presbyterian with Prudential Retirement
- 3rd Place – Norton Healthcare, Inc. with Principal®
- 1st Place – The Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) with Prudential Retirement
- 2nd Place – State of Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) with Voya Financial
- 3rd Place – DTE Energy with Empower Retirement
- 1st Place – GLOBALFOUNDRIES, Inc. with Compass Financial Partners and Prudential Retirement
- 2nd Place – ABA Retirement Funds with Voya Financial
- 1st Place – Werner Enterprises with Empower Retirement
- 2nd Place – Harrison Poultry, Inc. with OneAmerica and OneDigital
- 3rd Place – Mountaire Corporation with Lincoln Financial Group
- 1st Place – Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System with Lincoln Financial Group
- 2nd Place – AutoNation with Voya Financial
- 3rd Place – The Coca-Cola Company with Transamerica
- 1st Place – Mission Health with Transamerica
- 2nd Place – Westchester Medical Center Health Network with Empower Retirement
- 3rd Place – Cheyenne Regional Medical Center with Empower Retirement
Descriptions of these winning campaigns are available at https://www.psca.org/industry-intel/signature-awards. More information and interviews with the winners will be presented during PSCA’s 2021 National Conference on April 20th.